Register Now! Become a Snow Angel!
Volunteer Hamilton in partnership with the City of Hamilton offers a volunteer snow removal service for eligible seniors and persons with physical disabilities.
The snow angel program is truly, 'the neighbourly thing to do' and a great way for high school students to round out their 40-hour Community Involvement requirement.
How to Become a Volunteer Snow Angel
Anyone 14 years of age or older may volunteer for the program. Volunteers will be required to complete a screening process. A registration form (see below) must be completed and returned to Volunteer Hamilton.
When matched to a registered client, volunteers provide the following service:
- Clearing of snow from City Side walks
- Clearing of snow at driveway entrances left by snow plows
- Clear a path to the client's front door
How to Apply to Receive the Snow Angels Service
Those eligible to receive this service, based on income, must be:
- a resident, 65 years of age or older who currently receives a Seniors Tax Credit
- any resident with a disability documented by an Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) cheque stub, a wheel chair parking pass or a doctor's note, regardless of age
Please note that interested residents will be assessed for financial eligibility.
267 King Street East